All pieces of Bow & Co Jewellery are handmade in Hatton Garden by one of our specialist goldsmiths.
Most of our pieces take 3-4 weeks to be handmade to order, more intricate pieces can take slightly longer to produce.
If you have a deadline for the piece please let us know and we will try to facilitate this where possible.
All of our diamonds are guaranteed conflict free. Our stones are sourced from reputable suppliers that we have worked with for many years. Every diamond can be traced back to the source using the Kimberley process.
All of our diamonds are guaranteed natural, we do not offer lab created diamonds.
Every piece of Bow & Co Jewellery is hallmarked in London.
With over 9 years’ experience in the Jewellery trade, we offer expert advice alongside exceptional value. This is due to our close connections with suppliers which means we are able to secure preferential rates on gemstones, diamonds and precious metals that we then pass on to our customers.
We tend to recommend only using luke warm water and a soft bristled toothbrush, this does depend on the gemstones within the piece. A full guide to cleaning can be found on our blog.
Yes, every piece includes a personalised valuation for insurance purpose. This can be provided to your home insurance provided should the piece get lost or stolen.
Alternatively we recommend using T H March to insure your jewellery separate to your home insurance as this can often work out better value for high value pieces.
At Bow & Co Jewellery we offer both certificated and un-certificated diamonds. Generally with diamonds over 0.50ct or for an engagement ring we would highly recommend a certificated diamond.
The independant certificate will give you additionaly security in what you are purchasing and can help the piece maintain value.
All of our certificated diamonds are accompanied by GIA certificates, these are produced by the Gemological Institute of America which is a non profit organisation. The GIA are completely impartial and are recognised across the world as producing accurate reports. Each stone is independantly assessed by multiple gemologists and an average grading is produced.
If a diamond is accompanied by a GIA certificate you know exactly what you are getting which also makes it easier to compare when choosing a stone.
We can offer other certificate boards such as HRD or IGI when requested by the customer.
The GIA report features the below information:
- Date - The date the report was produced.
- Report Number - This is individual to the diamond.
- Laser Inscription Registry Number - This is laser engraved on the girdle of the diamond and mean that the diamond can be identified even without the diamond certificate.
- Shape & Cutting Style - The shape and facet layout of the diamond.
- Measurements - The length, width and depth of the diamond.
- Carat Weight - The weight of the diamond
- Colour Grade - Graded from D to Z+ unless the diamond is a fancy colour in which case they are graded between Faint to Fancy Deep.
- Clarity Grade - Graded from Flawless to Included.
- Cut Grade - Only present on Round Brilliant Cut diamonds as these are presently the only stones recognised by the GIA to have a cut grade.
- Polish - Graded between Excellent to Poor.
- Symmetry - Graded between Excellent to Poor.
- Fluorescence - Assessed under an ultraviolet light, this ranges from None to Very Strong.
- Comments - The comments include additional identifying characteristics that are not otherwise mentioned on the report.
- Plotting Diagram - Larger diamonds include a plot diagram showing the exact locations of any inclusions.
- GIA Colour & Clarity Scale - For reference the GIA certificate includes a copy of the colour & clarity scales.
- Proportion Diagram - A diagram representating and listing the diamond’s actual proportions.
- Security Features - Every GIA certificate has multiple security features including microprinting, security screens, watermarks, a two-dimensional barcode, a hologram, and sheet numbering to safeguard the report integrity and facilitate document authentication.
- QR Code - Newer GIA certificate also include a QR code allowing the certificate to be verified online.
We recommend insuring your piece of jewellery at the value stated on the valuation rather than the price you paid. If something was to happen to your jewellery, your insurance provider may specify that the piece would need to be reproduced by a Jeweller of their choice. The value on the insurance document is representative of the price charged by a high street jeweller, should the piece need to be replicated.
We can take payment through payment platforms such as paypal. Alternatively we accept credit cards, debit cards, American Express, cash or bank transfer.
For bespoke pieces we normally take a 50% deposit up front and the balance is payable on collection or delivery of the item.
Please let us know if you wish for further information or if you have a specific request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every piece of Bow & Co jewellery includes the below:
- Your chosen piece of jewellery
- An Insurance Valuation document detailing the exact specifications of the piece including a replacement value to replicate the piece at a high street jewellers. This is normally in excess of 35% more than the price you have paid
- A polishing cloth to ensure that you can keep your special piece clean.
- A Bow & Co Jewellery box
Measuring your finger size can be tricky without having it measured by a professional jeweller.
During our appointments we can measure your finger size accurately, however if this is not possible we can send you a ring sizer free of charge.
Another option is to attend another jewellers and have your finger sized.
If your partner wears rings, we can send you a document for you to measure their rings against. Although this is not entirely accurate it will provide us with an idea of size.
Aternatively we can make the ring an average finger size and it can be adjusted to fit.
We offer the first re-sizing free of charge (within 5 sizes) so this can be altered once the piece has been presented.
We can create matching rings for yourself and your partner, if you send us your requirements we will provide a complementary quote.
Most pieces can be engraved however on smaller items it may not be possible.
Engraving is available on all wedding bands. We offer both hand engraving and laser engraving, all prices quoted on our website are for laser engraving. If you wish for an item to be hand engraved then please contact us to discuss the requirements further.
All orders are despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery, insured up to the value of £2,500. Alternatively we can hand deliver you piece or send by Fedex insured to the product value.
Yes, we ship all over the world. Shipping costs will apply, and will be added at checkout. We run discounts and promotions all year, so stay tuned for exclusive deals.
We always aim for make sure our customers love our products, but if you do need to return an order, we’re happy to help. Just email us directly and we’ll take you through the process.
Appointments can be booked by telephone or email. Please contact us to arrange an appointment.
We are happy to facilitate evening and weekend appointments.
We offer home appointments in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, London, Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Essex, Kent, Hampshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.
If you live outside these areas and you would like to arrange an appointment, please contact us and we will try to facilitate this.
We aim to exhibit at 5-10 wedding fairs a year. We list our upcoming events on our social media platforms and on our events page.
We currently only offer repairs on our own pieces of jewellery however do consider each request on a case by case basis.
At Bow & Co Jewellery, we offer a re-design service where we re-purpose the gemstones and metal from your old pieces of jewellery into a new piece of jewellery to suit your personal style.
Please contact us with images of your existing piece and any ideas that you have on email@example.com.
We are able to handcraft a wedding ring to match any wedding ring. Contact us with your bespoke requirements today to receive a complementary quote.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch!